Monday, February 18, 2008

It has been too long!

Hey friends!

I'm not even sure if anyone still reads this blog, but I have decided that going 6 months without a posting is not going to cut it, so I promise that I will be posting more regularly!

Law School has been an incredible experience so far, and it has definitely kept me busy over the past 6 months. I feel like I have learned more in 6 months than in 4 years of undergrad, and I am meeting a lot of wondeful new people, too! I am still leaning toward practicing environmental law at this point, but I have been considering taking the Patent Bar since I have the requisite number of science/math/engineering hours to sign up. I am also interviewing for my Fall Co-op jobs soon; so, hopefully I will know where I will be working within a month or two. My goal is to to clerk for a judge, but since positions in the Boston area are competitive, I might have to postpone the idea.

Speaking of Boston...winter has been MUCH easier this year than it was last year. I am not sure if it is the fact that we have passed the time taking advantage of cold-weather activities, or if I have just surrendered to the fact that I live somewhere cold, but either way, I have managed to survive the winter. ;-) I am actually starting to think that the snow is beautiful, and skiing has now become my favorite pastime, regardless of the lack of Colorado "pow pow" as our friends from Colorado (and Ben!) affectionately call the powder snow. Ice here is hard and crunchy, which has made me learn to be a better skiier to keep from falling on it! Ben and I went skiing with our friends Brian and Christine in Vermont this weekend, so I will post pictures soon.

I hope everyone is doing well, and again, I apologize for my 6 month hiatus! I blame it on law school...any free time that I have when I am not reading 100s of pages a night, I try to spend with friends and Ben, who has been the best husband in the world this past 6 months. He deserves a medal for putting up with me through the first semester of my 1L experience. Kudos to you, Ben! I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back! Keep on it! ;)

lltanderson said...

oooh, it's so good to see you back! i'm glad to hear winter's been easier on you this year. i would love to hear more about law school, too!

Taylor said...

yea, Lala! glad to see you!!!

Anonymous said...

most excellent girl.. and yes.... we do check in still to see what is up... rest assured that you are being read.....

Anonymous said...

Hello my love! It seems like we keep missing each other....I am so glad law school and Boston living is going well. Please call me when you get a moment!
Courtney