Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Headed North!

Hi everyone!

I am embarrassed to say that Ben and I have spent over 3 months in Massachusetts and I have still not started the blog that I promised. So, here it goes. It has been a busy past few months for us (or, more accurately, a busy last year), but there are a few past events that have been interesting enough to warrant a blog posting--especially since life in Yankeeland is so completely different from life back home in Texas. We have decided to embrace the winter here, and as a result, life has become a lot more enjoyable, and I have become a better skier! :-)

It feels strange living in a place where it snows often. It didn't snow much until just a few weeks ago; so, I thought I may have gotten off easy this year, but then it came, and it still hasn't left yet. The snow that has piled up around the city was beautiful coming down, but is a mess of brown slush now. Such is life in the city I guess.

I will post photos soon to show you all where we are living, the city in general, and a few of the trips we have taken. I will also post some photos of when Jenny and Meryl come to visit this weekend--I can't wait!

8 comments:

the honey blog said...

Yea! I am so excited you have started a blog! This way I can keep up with you guys and all the exciting adventures in "Yankeeland"!

I also have a blog, well it's really just for my photography business, but I post some personal stuff on there too. Check it out. www.honeybunphotography.blogspot.com

I can't wait to see some pics! Talk to you soon!

Juli

Noelle said...

can't wait to read more laura, i think this is a great idea (and not just because i blog, also ;)

Lars Roe said...

Hey, we should meet up in Yankeeland some time! -lars

Unknown said...

I want a picture of the baaba in the haaba!! I hear there are no "r's" in Boston!! Could the baaba be a fisherman bobbing for something? Tu Mere, J'taime!! Kay

lltanderson said...

yay! glad to see you here in cyberspace, and i can't wait to read more! that's awesome that you've embraced the snow and are learning to ski even better...great way to tackle it head on.

Chase Martin said...

Hey Laura! Great to hear from you guys! Sounds like you're getting all settled in and used to your yankee life! Today the temp is in the eighties by the way... Hope to see some pictures soon! Celeste says hello!

Unknown said...

Hello you guy's your mom just fixed us a delicious dinner. Thinking about you two!!!Smiling at you from the flat lands.
Kathy G.

the honey blog said...

Okay, guys, now you actually have to post to the blog...:) Post some pictures of where you guys are living!!