Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer School

Being in school in the summer is so annoying!! I don't know why I signed up for the summer school/fall work/winter school/spring work rotation. I am really wishing that I could start getting some real-world legal experience! But, the good news is that I got a job for the fall working for a federal judge at the beautiful Joseph A. Moakley courthouse on the Boston harbor waterfront:




















I have never been so excited about a job in my life--I will be able to (finally!) wear my nice heels and suits every day, and will be spending the majority of my day in court or working on researching legal issues for the judge's upcoming trials and decisions. The judge I am working for likes to use the "trial by fire" approach (no pun intended ;-)) with his clerks; so, I have a feeling I will be learning a lot during my co-op. One other good thing about going to school in the summer is that 2L year is SO much more laid back than 1L year. The classes aren't any easier necessarily, but I feel like I actually know what I am doing now, and that is a wonderful feeling. I am currently taking Evidence, Trusts and Estates, Environmental Law, and Professional Responsibility (Ethics). Yay for being done with my 1L year! It's all downhill from here!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Congrats on finishing your first year! What an accomplishment!!!